I wanted to share a recipe I made over the weekend for dinner that was a serious hit. I would much rather eat this dinner every night than go out to eat. It was so delicious and packed full of 33 grams of protein, only 5 carbs, and 17 grams of fat per serving!! I'd say that's a successful dinner at home.
|Serving Size is 4 oz of Salmon and 5 asparagus spears with 3 pieces of prosciutto|
Serving size was 4 oz of salmon and 5 asparagus spears with 3 thin pieces of prosciuttoBrown Sugar and Soy Sauce Salmon Marinade
Serves up to 6 (recommended serving size: 4 oz)
1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets
1. Season salmon fillets with lemon pepper, garlic powder, and salt.
2. In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, water, and vegetable oil until sugar is dissolved.
3. Place fish in a large resealable plastic bag with the soy sauce mixture, seal, and turn to coat.
4. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
5. Preheat grill for medium heat. Lightly oil grill grate. Place salmon on the preheated grill, and discard marinade. Cook salmon for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
About 24 Medium asparagus spears, snapped
8 sheet very thinly sliced prosciutto, cut in thirds lengthwise
1 large garlic clove
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon each Kosher salt and black pepper
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
1. Make vinaigrette by whisking garlic, vinegar, mustard, and salt and pepper in a 2-cup Pyrex measuring cup. Slowly whisk in oil until you reach the 1-cup mark.
2. Drizzle asparagus with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Working one spear at a time, roll each one in a piece of prosciutto.
4. Grill over direct heat on a charcoal or gas grill turning them only once until prosciutto is crisp and the asparagus are crisp-tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Arrange spears on each plate and drizzle with balsamic vinegar or vinaigrette. Serve immediately.