Who wouldn't dance for this dinner! It has bacon.... let's face it, life is better with bacon, in moderation of course ;). So here ya are folks, one of my fave delectable Spaghetti Squash creations....
Chicken Pesto Spaghetti Squash with Bacon
Ingredients: Feeds 5
1 Large Spaghetti Squash
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into bite size chunks)
5 strips of bacon (chopped in small strips)
2 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
2- 2 1/2 tbsp of basil pesto (bought ours from costco- all natural GOOD stuff)
Salt and pepper to taste
3 tbsp Fresh grated parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut squash in half length wise, remove seeds, and place face down in a large baking dish. Fill the dish with water about halfway.
2. Bake for about 40 minutes. Squash should be able to fork out easily.
3. While the squash is cooking(about 20 mins into it), Cook your bacon. Melt about 1 tbsp of coconut oil over medium heat and cook bacon until it starts to crisp. Pour out the access juice and fat that is filling the pan.
4. Add the chicken, salt and pepper to taste into the bacon pan, and continue cooking all the way through. Turn the heat to low.
5. When the squash is done, use a fork to scrape out the strands and add it to the bacon and chicken mixture. (Note: I recommend using an oven mitt to hold the squash, those things stay hot for awhile)
6. Stir in the pesto until all is well combined and heated all the way through. Adjust with more pepper is needed and serve hot!