This one is packed full of protein and very filling! At over 20 grams of protein and under 200 cals... Try it.... RIGHT NOW.... Go!
1/2 tablespoon Coconut Oil
1/3 cup Cottage Cheese (Lowfat or 1% Milkfat)
1 small Onion
5 servings (serving = 1 medium pepper) Red or Green Bell Pepper
1.5 cup Baby Spinach
1 serving (serving = 1 tsp) Italian Seasoning
3 tsp Minced Garlic
1 cup, cooked Quinoa
1.5 breast, bone and skin removed Skinless Chicken Breast
1. Pre-Heat Oven at 400 degrees
2. Heat 1/2 TB Coconut Oil in a Sauté Pan on a medium flame
3. Add 1 small Onion (diced), 2 TB Minced Garlic, Cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Then add 1 lb Diced Chicken Breast, Italian seasoning, Black Pepper & Red Pepper Flakes (optional). Stir Occasionally until Chicken is nearly cooked through.
5. Turn heat off and Add: 2-3 Handfuls of Chopped Baby Spinach, 1/3 Cup LowFat Cottage Cheese, 1 Cup Cooked Quinoa. Stir until spinach softens and let it sit while you prep the peppers.
6. Cut off the tops of peppers & remove seeds, place in a deep pan.
7. Fill Peppers with Chicken Mix and cover with foil. Bake for 20 minutes.
8. Remove Foil and turn oven up to broil for about 5-7 minutes (to crisp up the top of the filling)
** Top it off with your favorite hot sauce of choice. Since I like my food extra spicy, we always add the hot stuff to complete the meal ;) My favorite? Tapatio