Serves: 4 - 5
3 pounds spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
1 tablespoon EVOO2 tablespoons basil pesto1 medium red onion, diced1 cup chopped asparagus
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup sliced zucchini
1/2 cup grape tomatoes (halved)
1/2 cup shredded colby & monterey jack cheese
Feta Cheese (optional)
Cholula hot sauce (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Cook the squash. You can bake it on a baking sheet in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes to an hour. Or, if you don't have an extra hour to do this, you can cook the squash in the microwave (this is what I did), cut-side down in about half an inch of water for about 8 - 10 minutes.
3. Shred the squash with a fork once cooled slightly
4. While the squash is cooling, Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the onions, zucchini, asparagus, garlic, tomatoes, and pepper until onions are translucent and zucchini is tender.
5. Stir onion mixture, pesto, and cheese into the squash until well mixed.
6. Bake in the preheated oven (uncovered) for 15 - 20 minutes, or until warmed through and top is lightly browned.
Serve hot! Save your leftovers for lunches the next day. It's still good warmed in the microwave the next day!