There is one thing that will always make or break a burger for me and that's... the bun! If you have the wrong bun then you're a goner. Plus... when you are watching your carb intake its never a good thing to have the bun anyways.
This is the best thing I have had with the burger in a long time. It's a healthy alternative to the bun, it tastes great, and you enjoy all the benefits of the sweet potato! In a nutshell these sweet things have superior fiber content, and rich in vitamin A, B, and potassium making them heart healthy.
I'll take these with every burger.. thank you!
Sweet Potato Beef Sliders
1. Chop sweet potatoes into even sized slices (about 1/2 inch slices).
2. Preheat oven to 375. On a cookie sheet, spread out the sweet potato slices and evenly spray the olive oil over the slices. Then, salt and pepper to taste.
3. Bake for 45- 50 minutes. Half way into cooking, pull out the cookie sheet and flip over each potato slice. Potatoes are done when you can easily poke a fork into the potato.
4. While your sweet potatoes are baking, grill your burgers using our recipe I provided above... Or if you have your own special HEALTHY recipe you prefer :)
5. Its time to build your sliders! We topped ours with mustard, spinach, jalapeno, onion, avocado, and 1/4 slice of havarti cheese.